The project „Phase 2 – Leave no one behind!“ would like to invite you to our upcoming virtual sector-specific training on „Disability-inclusive Primary Health Care“ (DiPHC). The training will be conducted online for 3 half days on 14, 15 & 16 December. The exact training times and a detailed agenda will be shared upon successful registration. We provide reasonable accommodation upon request and strive to make the training as accessible and inclusive as possible.
The training primarily targets HQ programme and project staff of German NGOs working in the health sector. Please reach out to us if you are unsure about your eligibility to participate.
Schedule & Key Facts
- Three half days of training: 14 December (afternoon), 15 & 16 December (morning) at Central European Time (CET)
- Virtual via Zoom
- In English
- Reasonable accommodation upon request
- Free of charge
The disruption of essential health services during humanitarian crisis worsens the situation of those who might already be excluded from access to health care, such as persons with disabilities. They have the right to access all mainstream health services, to receive appropriate treatment and information about their health conditions. However, misperceptions about the capacity and requirements of persons with disabilities, often hinder their access to health care services and information. This can increase for example the risk of infection, as shown in the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, the training will answer the following questions:
- How is disability understood?
- How does the absence, disruption or lack of access to health care services impact women, men, girls and boys with disabilities?
- What are key actions along the project cycle to deliver quality health care services that are inclusive of persons with disabilities?
- What are key practical recommendations and promising practices?
The training will include a mix of input presentations, group and scenario working sessions, plenary discussions, open knowledge and experience exchanges. Following the workshop, participants receive certificates, recordings and training materials.
Each organisation selects 1-2 staff members who apply through the application form. Successful applicants are selected based on pre-defined criteria and will be informed after the application deadline.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to write us LeaveNoOneBehind@deutschland.hi.org