Our project called Leave no one behind!
Welcome to the website for part 3 of our project called
Leave no one behind!
What the project is about
It is about making sure that people with disabilities get the right support when there are big problems in the world.
Like war, floods, big storms and not enough food or water.
There are organizations that support people when war or other problems happen.
For example, they give people food, clean water and medicine.
But people with disabilities are often left out. Our project will help to change that.
The work we are doing for the project
Before now we worked on some rules about the rights of people with disabilities.
The rules are about making sure that all people with disabilities get the right support when there are wars, floods, and other big problems.
The rules also say that people with disabilities should have a big say in whathappens to them.
The rules are on this website: tinyurl.com/IASCeasyread
Now we are supporting organizations to follow the rules.
Some of the main work we are doing
We are working with organizations in Germany and around the world.
That includes 6 countries in Africa where we are trying out some new ideas.
- We are giving organizations training about how to follow the rules and include people with disabilities in their work.
We are also supporting organizations to include people with disabilities in the training they give to other people.
- We are trying some new ways to find out what people with disabilities need when there are big problems in the country.
We are working on better ways for organizations to find out:
- What people with disabilities need and how to make that happen.
- How the support that people with disabilities get is working for them.
We are trying this work out in 6 countries at the moment.
- We are giving organizations support to include people with disabilities in their work.
For example, organizations might have plans and projects about how to support people in an emergency.
They might want our help to make their plans and projects work well for people with disabilities.
We are setting up a group of people in some countries to give organizations support.
We also want to set up a group of people who know a lot about disability in different countries.
They can support organizations to find out what people with disabilities need straight away when there is an emergency.
We are trying this idea out in 3 countries first.
- We are working to get and share better information about how to include people with disabilities.
That also means new ideas for how to include people with disabilities when there are big problems in the country.
Who we are working with
The organizations that are part of the project are:
- Handicap International (HI)
- Christian Blind Mission (CBM)
- The Ruhr University Bochum Institute for International Law of Peace and Armed Conflict (IFHV)
The money for the project comes from the German Federal Foreign Office.
Find out more
You can email us at: